General Catalyst teams up with NHS in London for venture capital partnership
General Catalyst is in partnership with Guy and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust in London. KHP Enterprises, the Guy and St. Thomas Trust’s business innovation partner, will actively work with General Catalyst to invest in medical technology companies that address National Health Service clinical priorities. As part of the agreement, hospitals within this organization can access General Catalyst’s network of health insurance companies. General Catalyst has partnered with US-based health systems including Intermountain, Jefferson Health, and WellSpan.
Mental health startup for kids takes a school approach
CityBlock Health is launching in Indiana thanks to a partnership with MDWise, the largest Medicaid managed care organization in the state. The partnership will add 100 jobs in the state. CityBlock provides telehealth, remote monitoring and in-person primary care to underserved populations. The “unicorn” has racked up nearly $900 million in funding, including a $400 million Series D round in September 2021. Along with Indiana, it operates in New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Washington, DC, North Carolina and Ohio.
Cityblock Health’s new CEO on other primary care disruptors
Concord Health Partners, a healthcare-focused investment firm, closed a $150 million fund. The Innovation Fund II will build on Concord’s strategy of investing in healthcare companies with innovative technologies and solutions that improve the value of care through reduced costs, improved quality and expanded access. It will focus on growth-stage investments.
Pfizer Inks Reaches Deal With Tech Company Up To $110 Million
Massachusetts Blue Cross Blue Shield partners with digital health startups Carbon Health and Firefly Health to launch a virtual primary care product. Eligible members have access to virtual primary care with integrated mental health and access to in-person care with network providers when needed. They can choose a virtual primary care provider through Carbon or Firefly.
This new startup accelerator focuses on women’s health
Other offers and tours:
• University of Maryland School of Pharmacy and Komodo Health announced a partnership on the use of real-world data.
• CUREa Germany-based telehealth startup, closed a $15 million Series A funding round.
• Zocalo Healtha virtual care platform, raised $5 million in seed funding.
• Immunize.Lifean AI-powered health management data platform, raised $2 million in seed funding.
• Inceptoan AI-powered medical imaging platform, raised $27 million in a funding round.
• Dyania Healthan AI-based computing platform to identify patients who match a complex set of criteria to participate in clinical trials, has raised $5.3 million in seed funding.
• McKessona medical device and technology company, acquired Rx Savings Solutionsa prescription price transparency and benefit analysis company.
• Lyfegena software analytics platform for health insurance, pharma, medtech and hospitals, raised an $8 million Series A funding round.
• Savvo Healthan online healthcare marketplace enabling patients, payers and providers to find affordable prices, plan care and simplify payment primarily for elective outpatient procedures, raised $1 million in pre-funding priming.
• Model Healtha digital health company, closed a $3.3 million Series A funding round.
• SpendRepaira cost-saving solutions company, closed a series of strategic investments from Spectrum Health Ventures and Memorial Hermann Health System.
• Bike Healtha virtual care startup providing evidence-based treatments for opioid use disorders, raised $5 million in a Series B funding round.
• SurgeAI-powered precise immune stress testing technology used to identify patients at risk for post-surgery complications, raised $2.6 million in one funding round.
• XpertDoxan AI-powered standalone medical coding solution that accelerates the healthcare industry’s revenue cycle, raised $1.5m.
If there’s a digital health funding or M&A deal we missed last week here, please email us.
The Digital Health Business & Technology data team contributed to this roundup.