6 updates in the last 60 days
Anthem is one of the largest health insurers in the country.
Here are six updates from Payer in the last 60 days:
1. Lawyers for Anthem and the Atlanta-based Northside Hospital System appeared in Georgia Supreme Court on May 17 regarding their ongoing contract dispute.
2. Optum Ventures, CVS Ventures, Anthem and HLM Venture Partners announced that they are investing in CareBridge, a value-based care company for patients receiving home and community services.
3. The anthem is launch a new telehealth platform to offer digital care to women during pregnancy, menopause and other women’s health issues through a partnership with New York-based Happify Health.
4. Two Northern Light Health hospitals in Maine are become Tier 1 vendors with Anthem, starting July 1. The move comes after Portland-based MaineHealth’s flagship hospital, Maine Medical Center, said it would leave the Anthem network in January, citing more than $70 million in unpaid claims over the past three years.
5. Anil CIO Anil Bhatt, is work with Google Cloud to build a synthetic data platform that will help the company detect fraudulent claims and provide more personalized member care.
6. A federal judge in California approved a class action settlement requiring Anthem Blue Cross to restate eating disorder treatment claims or pay up to $5,500 for denied claims.